Friday

Ah... The Mammogram...

It had been 3 years since I had a mammogram done. I know, I know, shame on me! A co-worker urged me to go get one as her Dr. found Stage 1 Breast Cancer in her mammogram several years ago, she is now fine after radiation and chemo. Plus my director had a conniption fit when she found out that I had not had one in that length of time. To be honest, I hated getting the things done as I just hate being hurt during the procedure by that darn machine. They love to smash you flat in both directions. Plus it made you feel like you had be violated.

Well this morning it was different. They have new technology at Norman Regional Hospital's Women's Breast Care Center. A digital X-ray machine, yes they still squeeze you but no longer smash you. Does it hurt? No! :) And now you get to breath while they take the picture. All in all it was a pleasant experience. I will not mind at all getting it done again next year and the year after that and so on and so on.
Since it's National Breast Cancer month, here is a link so you can click to give "Free Mammograms"
It is a worth while cause. Just be sure to go in each day and click to give someone a chance at living a long life. http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2
Amore & Arrivederci For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.