Friday

Christmas Day...

It's Christmas Day!

With all the flurry of presents, good food, laughter and merriment. We stirred around 9 this morning. I got up and made a french toast casserole with french bread, eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, syrup and walnuts. Baked it at 350 for 30 minutes. I also fixed some bacon to go with it. Boy was it good. Have enough to last for the next 2 days.

We then watched some of the Disney Christmas parade, it was a lot of fun to see the the children's faces. I remember when we took the girls to Disney World one year for Christmas. What memories. Dave then decided to tackle the 14 inches of snow on the driveway. It took him about an hour to shovel it off. Yes, you read right we got 14 inches of snow.

We then open our presents. I gave Dave a shop/vac and a frame with the girls photos in it.
Christie gave him a framed picture of him and his professor buddy and some movie wall art. Dave gave me two new pair of pants big enough to let my swollen knee have room to move and a matching top. From Christie I got a Wii Gun and a video game called House of the Dead: Overkill, sounds like she will be playing it more than me. I also got a sleekstor measuring cup set that collapses down for storage and some measuring spoons. Cleaver idea. They will be handy when we get out on the road. Dave gave the family a copy of The Christmas Sweater by Glen Beck.

I then started the process of fixing dinner. I have been at it pretty much all day. Taking it in small snippets as being up wears me out. I am in the final stage and dinner should be on the table soon.
I hope all of you have had a most wonderful day with family and friends and you have taken a moment to reflect on what the season is about and what it means to each of you. Merry Christmas everyone, may your hearts be filled with love and joy and may you pass it along.
Amore & Arrivederci For Now




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.