Thursday

Surgery Day...

Got up and took my morning shower. We left the house at 8:45 and was there by 9:30. I did not have to wait very long before I was called back to admitting. After completing all the paperwork I was sent back out front to wait for the next portion, I did not have a long wait, about 5 minutes and my name was called again. Off I went to the prep room where they get you ready for surgery. I got dressed in a cute purple paper gown and purple non-slip socks called Bair Paws. After putting my street clothes into a plastic bag and getting my I-V in I was sent off to holding. They gave me something in my I-V to relax me. I never knew that they had set me on the edge of the bed and put a shot in my back called DepoDur, a block for 48 hours. Then off I went to surgery. I woke up in my room around 3:30 in the afternoon with my leg in the CPM machine set at a 45 degree angle. All I can say is that I had great drugs and I really don't remember much of anything.

Just another day in the life of....

Amore & Arrivederci For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.