Friday

Happy New Year!

We have a long standing tradition in our family that on New Year's Day the family attends at least 3 currant movies. We will not be doing that this New Year's Day but will do it sometime in the near future when I can sit for that length of time and not feel uncomfortable.

It's been a fairly quiet day apart from watching the Rose Bowl Parade. The Oklahoma Sooners won their game yesterday and ended their drought of win-less bowl games. For the first time in some while I managed to sit through the whole game without getting uptight and leaving. Last night I made the chili recipe from The Diner here in Norman. I went to http://www.youtube.com/ and found The Diner Chili video clip and downloaded the recipe from Diners, Drive-in's and Dives with Guy Fieri. I think the show was aired in October. Between what was shown on the video clip and the recipe (they don't match up) I produced a wonderful pot of chili. Instead of 5lbs of ground beef I used 3lbs. and 7 cans of diced tomato's, 1 being blended down in a blender.

Today we went and did a bit of shopping and took a short drive to get some much needed sunshine. After coming home I prepped the pork ribs and have them ready to pop in the oven when baby girl gets home from Stillwater where she went last night for a New Year's party. Dave is currently watching his sci-fi show Battlestar Galactica. He bought the DVDs and some headphones and is out there somewhere enjoying his little bit of space. I think I am going to go take a short nap before having my shower and washing my hair (another big production number).


For dinner we are having Pork ribs, french fries, fried cabbage, and the ever necessary black-eyed peas for a prosperous new year.

Here is a fantastic recipe for Texas Caviar, make it and enjoy.

Texas Caviar

1(15 1/2oz)can yellow hominy or corn, drained

1(15oz)can black eyed peas, drained

3 green onions, finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 large tomato, chopped

1 medium sized green pepper, seeded; diced

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded; minced

1/3C chopped fresh parsley

1/3C chopped cilantro (optional)

1/4C chopped onion

1/2C commercial zesty Italian salad dressing

Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs

Tortilla Chips

I was given a book several years back and while I was doing some cleaning out I rediscovered it and decided to use quotes from it this year. I hope you will enjoy them.

To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am. --Bernard Baruch, U.S. business executive

Just another day in the life of...

Amore and Arrivederci For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.