Sunday

Swimming...

The OU Pool opened over the Memorial Day weekend, the true beginning of summer. I like to swim but I don't like my body in a swimsuit. I'm going to have to get past that as I have been instructed to swim as it's good for rehabilitating my knee. Especially water walking since the buoyancy of the water takes pressure off the joints.

Do I even know where my swimsuit is? Hmmm, I think I saw it here somewhere (Refer to The Countdown Decisions...Stuff) I think the last time I used my swim suit was at the Hot Springs in Pagosa Springs last summer. Maybe I left it in the swimsuit water extractor. Hmmm...Shows you how much I get in the water.

My plan is simple. If you follow my blog you know that I had long hair last year and after having a total knee replacement I had to cut my hair because I was waking up drenched with perspiration, not good when the house is cool and I didn't need to catch a cold. The plan was when I got to the point of swimming I would go over at noon on my lunch hour (the pool is next to the building where I work) and either lap swim or water walk. The short hair has been easy to control and I really don't have to dry it before returning to work. Just put a touch of mousse in it and we're ready to go.

I start on Wednesday with this project and we'll just see how the ole leg does.

Happy Trails...

1 comment:

  1. Susie you get to the point as you grow older that you don't care what others might think of you in a swim suit; you need to swim for your health; just go out there and DO it, girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.