Wednesday

Back at Work...

Yesterday was my first day back at work. Everyone was happy to see me and likewise. For me it was a very, very long day. Matter of fact I was so worn out by noon that I had to go home and take a 30 minute power nap so I could finish the day. You wouldn't think that sitting would wear you out so much.

Last evening after work Dave and I went over to the Houston Huffman Center and re-upped our membership so I can use the exercise equipment. Last year I went at noon to do my exercises but this year I am going to do it after work so Dave can go with me and he can exercise too. I rode the bicycle for 10 minutes which was really painful until I could get the bend going then it leveled out. Then I sat on a high chair and did 100 leg swings. After that we went home and Dave fixed dinner.

I actually got to bed at a decent time, 11:00 p.m. and slept till 6:00 a.m. WOW! 7 hours of straight sleep.

Today has been better, I did not have to take a power nap at noon and am still going strong. I'm still slow but pacing myself. I have to get up periodically and walk the hall to relieve the stiffness of my leg. Besides I need the exercise.

Tomorrow is going to be iffy weather wise. The forecast is for sleet and snow and I have been told to stay home if the white stuff shows up. The staff doesn't want me to fall, neither do I. Looking outside you would never think there's a major winter storm pushing it's way into the state. I can see the clouds gathering on the horizon and moving this way. Hopefully I can get to the store and pick up the fix-ins for homemade Tacos and Guacamole. I'm ready for some Mexican food, amigo.

Happy trails...

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back to work and doing well. One day closer to be a fulltimer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear that you are back in the saddle. I know it is tough. One of the laws of physics states that something at rest tends to stay at rest. Inertia I think. A correlary (sp) is that an item in motion tends to stay in motion.

    It will get much better the next day and the next. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.