Monday

Oh Blessed Rain...

Saturday was a grand day in that OU beat Texas. But we best watch our P's and Q's as the Texas players are very young and in a few years will trounce on us when we have a young team.  But the win was sweet anyways.  After the game Dave and I noticed some wet stuff falling from the heavens.  Could that...is it possible...is it rain???  Sure enough it was the wet stuff we had been praying for.  Some areas of the state got up to 5 inches. Here in Norman we got over 3 inches.  For now the short term drought is over but the long term drought is still with us.  The weatherman said the state still needed 15 inches of moisture in order to help alleviate the problem.  So we pray some more and hope more moisture falls from the sky.

Yesterday Dave and I went to see "Real Steel" with Hugh Jackman up at the Warren Theatre in Moore, OK.  We had to make a mad dash from the parking lot to the building as it was still raining and it didn't look like it was going to end anytime soon.  I can tell you this, Disney sure does know how to tell a story.  It was good and growing up in a boxing family, I could really appreciate the movie. My dad was a corner man for a boxer by the name of Shorty who fought for the Navy out in San Diego, CA during WWII.  It's a shame I did not keep the golden gloves boxing gloves that dad had.  He had two sets of them.   I can remember when I was around three years old, my dad would watch the Friday night fights on TV (very small screen), they would sing the National Anthem before the match.   I would stand in the middle of the living room and belt out the song right along with the singer on TV.  Dad would always tell me that I did a better job than the person on TV.  Oh what memories, what fun.

Other than the "usual" stuff, not much is going on.  My blood sugar is slowly coming down, I still have a ways to go with it but it gets better each day.  I meet with my personal trainer on Wednesday and do my fitness assessment.  That should be interesting.  Tomorrow night is choir rehearsal for the program the University is putting on, on Halloween.  Personally I think it should be on a different day but I did not make the schedule nor was I asked, hmmmm! Come on folks, it's H A L L O W E E N, ghouls, goblins, little kids in costumes, candy, jack-o-lanterns...seriously a concert about the Druids and the coming of Spring?????? Ok...the music sounds a little ghoulish.

In looking at my stats on my blog I was so surprised to see people from different countries from all over the world who have visited at my blog. I wish they would leave a message and say hi. I wonder who they are, what they're like.  Today I had a visitor from Canada and I bet I know who that was...Al from The Bayfield Bunch.  Thanks Al for stopping in and taking the time to read my blog.  I rarely miss yours.  Just love that Phebmonster and Motormouse.

Well that's my report and I'm sticking to it...now where have I heard that before?

Happy trails...

1 comment:

  1. My dad and I use to go to wrestling and boxing matches every week when I was a kid. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.