Sunday

New Year's Eve and Counting....Ooops New Year's Day!

Just a few more hours until we can say "Rest In Peace 2011...Welcome 2012". 

Laid up at McBride Hospital in 2010
What a year it's been for our family.  I didn't have a major surgery(knee replacement) to sideline me as in the past two years. Yay!


 We got to visit several times with our ever changing grandson who is a little pistol.
Noah being Noah, such a boy!


Our youngest daughter moved from Marietta, GA to Cleveland, OH with the help of her daddy for another internship, this time in Athletic
Compliance at the university there.  She's living in a shoebox of an apartment with barely a kitchen to cook in.
 The "BIG" news!


We are expecting our second grandchild in 2012.



We learned how to text with our new cellphones, have to have those pictures of the grandson you know. Keeping up with the ever changing technology really keeps you on your toes, you either learn it or in my case pitch it across the room in frustration, I'm known for that.

We're getting new neighbors, Robert and Talita, in November of 2012 as the house across the street was torn down and a new one is being built in its place, hence we have a vacant lot for the moment, but the contractor has poured the foundations so construction is underway.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes but am working on controlling it with diet and exercise.  So far I have lost 17 pounds and have brought my blood sugar down from 187 to 117.  No wonder I was feeling so bad all the time. I now do strength training 3 times a week and journal my food intake at loose it or caloriecount They are both excellent tools in helping you with weight loss. At the moment the gym is closed but will reopen Tuesday so we are looking forward to getting some time with the exercise equipment. The thing I find interesting is everyone wants you to use their meter so I now have three meters for testing my blood.  So far I like the Bayer meter. It's not so much testing my blood but pricking my fingers that gets me.

Yesterday I went and got a new "do" to welcome in the new year.  Today is for shopping and picking up the essentials (a gift card) for a wedding tonight. 
My new "do."


Some of my friends had a good year, some others not so terrific and I pray for the one's that lost loved ones or have loved ones with medical problems. I also pray for our men and women in the armed forces who are in harms way.  What is past is past and we look forward to new beginnings with a new year to be filled with new memories.

As we start this new year, here's a little something from James  A. Farley, an English physicist and chemist. "Never think any oldish thoughts. It's oldish thoughts that make a person old."

So lift your glasses high, "Salute to Auld Lang Syne!" Now give your honey that long expected kiss.

Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should old acquaintance be forgot, and old lang syne ?CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup! and surely I’ll buy mine! And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes, and picked the daisies fine; But we’ve wandered many a weary foot, since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have paddled in the stream, from morning sun till dine†; But seas between us broad have roared since auld lang syne.


CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend! And give us a hand o’ thine! And we’ll take a right good-will draught, for auld lang syne.
CHORUS

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone, may your year be filled with happiness and may you be prosperous.

Happy Trails...

I typed this up yesterday with the intention of posting it yesterday.  I was waiting on a picture to be sent to me via hubby. Alas it did not happen and we went to the wedding and reception that lasted till we all closed the place at 2 a.m. this morning.  Boy those West Point people sure know how to P A R T Y!!!  It was a beautiful wedding and the reception was one of the best I have been to in a long time. And I have been to a lot of fancy schmancy receptions but none like this one.  The food was awesome. They even had a omelet bar after midnight. An open bar, a live band, one of the best that I have listened to that did not repeat a single song and an absolutely fabulous cake.  The reception food was awesome as well. The staff at 747 was terrific, couldn't have asked for better.


Today we are off on our annual New Year's Day 3 movie marathon.  We will be taking a young officer (daughter met him last night) from the reception with us. No point in sitting in a hotel room all day.

Again, Happy New Year!
P.S. The picture I was waiting on came and so I posted it. It's the vacant lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.