Sunday

Losing it...At Easter

As many of you know I was diagnosed with Diabetes in September and have been on a quest to loose weight and get my blood sugar under control without medication.  There are many tools that I've been using to do this. One is my Bayer Meter that I test my blood with every day. Another is the Diabetes DTOUR Diet book by Prevention. Diabetic classes, my Doctor, Nutritionist and Trainer. My ever so faithful sidekick Calorie Count on the web where I journal my food, water intake, log my blood sugar along with any notes that I need and monitor my "Vitals."  Last but not least I also use The Diet 4 Idiots website.

I hit a wall, more commonly known as a plateau, at the beginning of March and no matter what I did I could not get past "The Wall." Last weekend I decided to go back to "The Diet 4 Idiots" plan starting as of last Monday, which I had lost 40lbs on 4 years prior for my daughters wedding. I was on the program for 4 months.  It's considered confusion eating.  You can choose up to 30 foods out of the 46 foods from their eating list and from that they develop, in an instant, 4 meals a day for 11 days  that you eat no matter the order, the only rule is to stop eating before you feel full. I even get to have frozen Yogurt twice during the eating cycle.  You will drink lots of water. For breakfast this morning I had coffee with 4 slices of ham and walnuts. For lunch I will have 4 chicken tenders cooked slowly in a skillet with EVOO spray seasoned with Lemon Pepper. Dinner will consist of a bowl of green vegetables (Broccoli) and fresh Strawberries with my evening snack being cottage cheese with roast beef slices.  Tomorrow is my veggie and salad day all day long.  This day I really look forward to, as one of my favorite meals is pinto beans with spinach and shredded Parmesan cheese. I get to eat fresh veggies and I love it! After staying on this for eleven days the last three days rounds out the two weeks with anything you want to eat.  Then you (can) start all over again and generate a different eating plan with the same foods or choose new foods.  There is Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Tuna, Halibut, Orange-roughy, Shrimp, Walnuts, Peanuts, fresh Strawberries, Grapes, Pinto beans, Baked beans, frozen Yogurt, fresh fruits of all sorts and this is just a small listing of what you can choose from.  The most interesting thing is that my urge for snacking on junk food has ceased.   I feel good and I'm losing weight, finally getting past the wall and the other benefit is that my blood sugar is dropping as well. Do I plan to stay on this forever? No! This is to get me kick started and help me adjust my eating pattern.  One could stay on it for a long time depending on what you chose for each rotation. 


Did I have to pay for this? Yes. However I only paid one time to have access to the plan and can use it any time.  It says you will lose 9lbs every 11 days, for some people that may be true but for me I lose an average of 2 lbs. a week which is safe weight loss. Do I feel deprived? No. The only day I have trouble with is the second day which is all fruit except for a humongous deli sandwich that I have on Pumpernickel bread with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and mustard at the end of the day. I'm not a big fruit person, but this time I did manage to get by with Apples, Oranges, Grapes, Grapefruit, Peaches, Strawberries and my Deli sandwich.


Will I miss all the goodies that one would have for Easter dinner today? Not really.  I know there's a reward at the end of this and I have already achieved a 3.5 lb loss. Want to know the rules? Here they are.


DIET RULES:
The Diet Rules are fairly simple.
*First, you may eat your 4 Daily Meals in ANY ORDER.
This means that you don't have to eat MEAL #1 first and MEAL #4 last each day. For example, if you want to eat Meal #3 for breakfast then you can, or if you want to eat Meal #1 for dinner then you can...
You must eat all 4 meals on the day they are scheduled though ---- but you may eat them in ANY ORDER.
Here are the rest of the simple rules:
You will follow this 11 Day menu, and at the end of the 11 Days you may take 3 "Cheat Days" where you can eat ANYTHING YOU WANT for 3 straight days.
Then, after that 3 day period you may GENERATE A NEW 11 DAY MENU by visiting our site again.
The new menu will shift foods around differently throughout the 11 Day period, and thus your calories will be shifted around as we mentioned on our web site.
However, you will be allowed to choose many of the same foods if you wish.
Remember that the Diet Generator shifts the "calories" around every 11 Days (by assigning the foods in a different manner every 11 Days), but the overall foods chosen may be the same every 11 Days -- if you want (or they may be different if you like).

Happy trails...Happy Easter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.